Is he coming...? The 10 seconds before I saw his lights come on and start after me felt a lot longer. The flashing lights in the rear view mirror is the same feeling your stomach gets after over eating at an all you can eat buffe'.
The trooper walks up top my window and says: "Licence and registration please..."
"I have a swedish licence in the back" I answer, turning to open the door.
"A swedish licence, huh..." "Yeah we're journalists from Sweden" I add in a hurry.
"Where are you coming from" the trooper continues. I turn to Bertil and asked where we were coming from, as if I didn't know, and made sure my swedish was just loud enough...
The trooper looked at me and said " I clocked you doing 77 in a 60 zone, please slow it down a bit..." I said thank you, shook his hand, and took a deep breath...