Tuesday, February 07, 2006

tech freak...

Most of you who know me know I am a tech junkie. This post will most likey be interesting to maybe 2 or 3 of you, but why deprive my fellow tech geeks...

The 40th Super Bowl this last Sunday was a top notch HD production. 36 cameras, 10 production trucks (29 vehicles in all), the longest lens was 100X, EVS SloMo, 6 super SloMo units, 1 3X SloMo unit shooting at 180 frames/sec, Skycam, Steadicams, goal post cams and 90 miles (145km )of cable... mmmmmmmmmmmmm
I wonder how they managed considering FOX used 54 cameras last year...

All this to an audience of 130 million in the US and a Billion viewers worldwide! Anheuser-Busch (Budweiser) spent $25 million to convince people to drink their beer. Was that really necessary....?

p.s. For the 97% of you who had absolutely no interest in this post what so ever, I am sorry, I couldn't hold back... :-) d.s.