Whenever we travel we have a GPS in the car, which saves us endless amounts of map reading, swearing and general confusion. It does have it´s drawback though.
Tonight I went to vistit my "US family". The Chaudet´s were my host family back in the 90´s when I got my first US experience in High School. It was wonderful to see my "dad" again and it brought back a lot of fun memories. I even got to see my "mom" via the internet, out visiting the grandkids in California.
On my way over there I called my better half from the car. During the conversation I realised I have no idea how to get back to my hotel! I didn´t have the adress to input into the GPS. Nina ends up having to search for Marriot Courtyards in the DC metro area. She finds a close match after which I embarrased myself calling the hotel to check if I was actually a guest.... :)
p.s. In the middle of writing this blog entry I had to leave and go to Reuters to uplink our story back to Stockholm, because the internet transfer failed... I took a cab so not to get lost... :) d.s.