Wednesday, November 22, 2006

happy guy...

Today Bertil and I edited a job we shot yesterday. I was a story about an author and his new book. A 96 years old debutante writer who published his first book in Sweden
of all places.
This is one of these stories you hate to do. It's the same thing everytime. Same shots, same angles. You get 30 min of time, if you're lucky, you get the guy reading, smiling, flipping through the pages, and not much more. Not a picture piece.

But this one was different. Since he was 96 years old, there was no real rush and we spent about a hour and half with our old gentleman. We actually had time to get the shots that we wanted, and throw up a light. Bertil wrote a really good script and for the first time ever, I think. I was really pleased with the result of a "an authors piece". A good days work!