Sunday, May 06, 2007

expensive paper...

I'm a pretty level headed guy. I am certainly not easily fooled. I've never really been duped bad, until today. I got swindled so bad it wasn't even funny. We wanted to go to the Rangers game so bad. My brother's in town with his fiance and her brother.
This guy approached us asking if we needed tickets. I am always sceptical when people come up to me in the street. He told us to come into McDonalds to make the transaction. 5 tickets at $100 a pop. I really pushed the guy, talked to him for 10 min, made a phone call to check where the seats were, looked at the tickets, checked the barcodes that were different on every ticket. I even asked to see his ID, and he showed me his Social Security card and State Id. He looked me straight in the eye for 10 minutes. After this I forked over $500, after which he gave me 5 tickets, or atleast what looked like tickets... We ended up watching the game at the local pub... I hate being played for a fool!!