Sunday, November 27, 2005

praise the lord...

"GIVE ME AN AMEN!!" It´s seven am, Sunday morning. It´s just getting light. We´re in a cafeteria at a local school in New Orleans. The church was swept away in the storm. People are dressed for the occasion, lots of hats, suits, nice shoes, and of course the Bible in hand.
For 2 hours we get the total experience of a Baptist church service. And it "rocked". The choir was singing to the Lord, and they meant it. The Reverend was preaching up a storm, sweat pouring down his face, using a towel in between sentences.
In the aftermath of Katrina all these people could still find hope, love, gratitude and happiness through their belief in God. The thanked Him for what he´s done for them... For taking care of their brothers and sisters. "PRAISE THE LORD!!"
I got to be honest, if I lost everything I had, I may not be ready to be grateful...