When I finally find my tube of Colgate a woman rushes toward me. She says something I think means "are you done?" at which point I nod to her. She walks over to a computer and starts typing. She prints a receipt and hands it to me, and points to the other side of the store. My guess is that´s where I am supposed to pay. I am not allowed to carry the toothpaste with me. When I am payed up, the cashier stamps the reciept with a big red stamp. She then points me to a third counter where I see my red Colgate box in a bag. I walk over, give the guy a smile and the reciept, which he stamps, again, before handing me my toothpaste... In Europe and North America we try to cut down on the number of employees, here they have a different approach...
p.s. The toothpaste cost 50 cents... d.s.